- Hits: 316
Calgary Diocesan Council is composed of all CWL Councils in southern Alberta -- from Hanna in the north to the US border and from the Saskatchewan border in the east to the BC border in the west. Some councils have their own websites or a page on their parish website; these are linked below and you can tap the names in blue to go there to learn more about their individual activities.
Regional committees were organized in the 1960’s to offer fellowship and support among parish councils in the same vicinity. They are based on geographical areas: Calgary, Drumheller, Highwood, Lethbridge and Medicine Hat. The purpose of a regional committee is to facilitate communication, cooperation, planning, education and friendship among parish councils in the region and the Calgary diocese. Councils in a region share activities, ideas, and speakers. They also support each other's activities and host Diocesan gatherings such as the spring convention and fall meeting. The first councils chartered in each region are:
- 1924: Medicine Hat — St. Patrick
- 1925: Highwood — St. Francis de Sales
- 1926: Lethbridge — Holy Cross
- 1927: Drumheller — St. Rita
- 1949: Calgary — St. Mary's Cathedral
Regional committees are composed of the chair, secretary/treasurer, and the presidents of the parish councils in the region1, but all CWL members are welcome and encouraged to attend regional meetings.