We are excited to host the 2024 ABMK Provincial Convention!! 
See ABMK 2024 for details.

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

The RENEWAL certificate of insurance for the “slip and fall” coverage for the CWL Parish members in good standing is below.

Frequently Asked Questions:

  1. What is the coverage period for the insurance?
    The policy runs until December 1, 2024.

  2. Are councils covered when they are hosting an event outside of their church?
    Yes, the policy covers the event itself, no matter where it is held. Parish councils may be asked to provide proof of insurance before they are able to rent a venue and this policy is usually sufficient for this purpose. If the venue requires more information, please contact National Office or the insurance broker.

  3. Are volunteers covered if they are not CWL members?
    Yes, they are. The policy covers the event so all volunteers at the event, whether they are CWL members or not are covered under the provisions of the policy.

  4. Are members covered for liability while driving to or from an event?
    No, the policy does not cover mishaps that occur while members are in transit, regardless of the vehicle owner. The insurance company expects your automobile insurance providers to handle any such claims.

  5. Does the policy cover events where alcohol will be available?
    No, events where alcohol is served are excluded from the policy. The risk of liability while serving alcohol is something councils should investigate fully before the event.

  6. May I receive an electronic copy of the policy?
    Yes, if you require an electronic copy, please contact National Office at .

NOTE:  Any Council can contact Melanie Swail at 204-202-1719, if they need a special certificate that would need a venue added as “additional insured” which is usual for most malls or venues outside your parish halls !!  For an individual certificate to be ordered, they require the email address and phone number of the person ordering it, the legal name and address of the venue and the purpose of the venue and the dates the venue is going to be occupied.  They cannot provide a certificate for ANY venue where CWL has alcohol service.